Friday, June 01, 2007

Rides: 17 Teeth

Asphyxiation by Monte InSano.
Photograph by Nate Zukas.


It has been an excellent week of riding.

On Tuesday I had the opportunity to "hang on for dear life" while riding with John and Nate on a shit hot smoking fast 35 mile geared road ride somewhere in South Carolina. Needless to say, my legs ached long into Wednesday.

Thursday called for the usual hilly interval training ride on the fixie. I showed up to the shop early so that Nate could downgrade the fixie's gearing from a 19 tooth cog to a 17 tooth cog (harder!), although, I think that this change would technically be considered an upgrade. As a result of the upgrade/downgrade in cogs, those six new gear inches obliterated my quads, calves, and ass during the ride. So, regardless of technicality, my mind tells me that the 17 tooth cog is definitely a upgrade, because it will soon upgrade the strength of these skinny legs of mine.

In other news, the Onward Tacoma looks entirely different these days. I have topped the bed with a maroon camper top that is the same height as the cab, and also installed a Yakima bike rack on top of the camper top. The rack currently has two bike trays and two wheel holders, and yes, come winter time, I will be ordering a snowboard carrier. The Onward Tacoma has nearly become a proper "mountain" truck. He makes me damn proud.

...All that is left is the three inch Revtek suspension kit and the 33 inch tires...

Finally, as of Saturday morning I will be relieved of my duties on the dreaded night shift. I will be moving to the day shift on Tuesday, which means I will have three days off this weekend! I already have plans and know that my travels are going to take me, strangely, to Raleigh, NC, where I will hang with rad friends and explore the local trail systems.

1 comment:

Beth Ann Bolte said...

Oh my fucking GAWD! I got onto your blog, you little asshole. This is not your sister, this is your MOM!

Hey Boy! I was thinking about you today. I work in Putnam and Mason Counties and they have been putting up hay . . . quite vigorously.

Do you miss the hay baler?

Love,
Mom