Thursday, October 04, 2007

Arsenal: Sally Serotta

It is a little weird to be one of the few guys that shows up to a triathlon on his road bike. Most people have a supremely decked out time trial or triathlon bike that cost a small mountain of cash. My cash usually only amounts to a small mole hill so there were no sweet TRI bikes in my sights for the longest time until...

Paul got a new Orbea Ordu! Which freed up his old bike Sally the Serotta for sale to...me!

Needless to say, Paul hooked me up with a killer deal and I cannot thank him enough.

Thank you Paul!

Paul has always called Sally, "Sally", for as long as I have known him, so her name will be retained under my care too. Sally and I had our first true ride at the SC Half Ironman distance triathlon where we blasted through the field on the bike portion.

Ride Sally, ride!

P.S. Yes, those are 650 wheels.

My new girl, Sally.
Photograph by Paul Kannady.

No comments: