Saturday, November 24, 2007

Journeys: Home For A Climb

After arriving in Maryland on the 7th of November, I secured a new abode in Laurel and then darted home to West Virginia for the weekend. While home, I visited with family in Charleston and in Spencer before driving south to Summersville with Steve and his girlfriend, Mariana for an introduction to roped sport climbing. Although I had some bouldering experience from my month in Arizona this summer, sport climbing proved to be somewhat difficult. I spent Saturday flailing helplessly on the face of two 5.8 routes without every reaching the top of either route. While I was driving home to Laurel on Sunday, I had six hours to decide that I need to find an indoor climbing gym in the DC Metro area to begin honing my climbing skills.

Steve getting after it in Summersville, WV.
Photograph by Chuck Bolte.


More news from Maryland coming soon.

No comments: