Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Journeys: The Red - Day 2

Miguel's Pizza. Here I am again. If I was tired yesterday...I am even more tired today. After four slices of pizza my state is becoming vegatative. I will quickly recap the events from Day 2 in The Red.

Steve and I started the morning off at the Roadside Crag. Specifically, we got busy on routes C Sharp or B Flat (5.7, 60 feet) and Ledger Line (5.7, 80 feet). Steve led the first route and I led the second. The morning felt good and both Steve and I climbed well. When we packed up and hiked out, we got in the truck and drove a mile down the road to Global Village.

Chuck B works the lead on Ledger Line (5.7).
Photograph by Steve Garrett.

We traveled to Global Village to get on one really fun and really tall route, Eureka (5.6, 85 feet). Steve let me lead the route since he had already led it once this week. Like Steve says, the route was like climbing monkey bars, but it was loads of fun. Good stuff, brah.

Steve tops out on Eureka (5.6, 85 feet).
Photograph by Chuck Bolte.

After Global Village, Steve and I drove into the Red River Gorge to run up some evening routes at the Left Flank. Rain clouds threatened, but did not attack as we climbed the evening away. Steve and I both led Mr Bungle (5.8+, 60 feet) and I executed a sloppy lead on Face Up to That Crack (5.8-, 70 feet) while Steve crushed the follow up climb.

Naturally, we headed to Miguel's for dinner.

Day is done...gone the sun...

No comments: