Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Rides: Training Update

Things at the Fort have been mostly quiet throughout the week, but I have been keeping busy with riding, riding, and riding.

On Monday I went solo on Range Road for 38 miles ending up with an average of 17.5 miles per hour. I started with a gentle spin on the first lap and then attempted to sprint on the hills during the second lap. My calves were burning.

On Tuesday I followed up with a group ride down at the shop. I broke off from the main pack about 10 miles into the ride with Nate, Matt, Jeff, and Doug and we attacked some hills on a longer route back to the shop, well, longer than what the main group rode. We ended with a fast pace line on Wrightsboro Road back to the shop. 24 miles, 18.6 mile per hour average.

I'll keep working on it.

As for the work life, I have been put on a 1500 - 2300, Sunday to Thursday shift which starts on the 1st of April. I'm not sure how working on Sunday will affect my non-existent cycling career, but I'll definitely attempt to make the best of it.

This weekend I'm driving over to Fort Benning, GA to hang with my homie Jorge and observe a road race in near by Perry, GA. No racing for me just yet.

Get Riding!

No comments: