Monday, November 14, 2011

Journeys: Bozeman Bound

We pulled out of Spencer with no fanfare at 9:30 AM. My plan was to drive as far as Iowa City, IA some 660 miles from Spencer. I hoped the 12 x 6 Uhaul trailer I was pulling would not slow us down too much. The trip across West Virginia and Ohio was mostly uneventful. We would drive until there was a quarter of a tank of gas left then fill up. We dealt with some traffic around the Indianapolis beltway, but were soon out of it. We drove, slow and steady, through a fierce storm front sweeping across the heartland of the nation and fortunately did not see any tornados. The sun set in Illinois and we hurtled down the interstate. Somehow we were in Iowa. Everything since Ohio had been flat and uneventful and Iowa was no different. We passed through Iowa City and I still had plenty of energy so we pushed on. Near Nashua, IA I got sleepy and we pulled into the Nashua welcome center for some rest. I slept in the redneck RV and Lewis slept upright in the cab of the truck. It was a chilly, but comfortable night.

No comments: