Thursday, November 30, 2006

Nonsense: Hectivity

Tomorrow is December 1st...Happy December!

Do you know what is ill about December in Georgia? The weather is literally ill.

Warm, muggy, rainy, shit.

Those are four clever adjectives that wonderfully describe the climate conditions in the southern armpit of the United States of America during the long winter months. Oh, there will be no snow. No Jack Frost nipping at your nose. This is not the North. This is Hell.

Well, I must admit I've had a great week thus far (tomorrow is Friday). I'm finally getting over the whole oral surgery and I currently find myself 85% percent recovered. I still cannot conduct any physical training which is somewhat annoying and devastating. A few nights ago I proceeded to put myself through 20 god awful push ups to see how I would feel.

Two minutes post exercise someone started beating a bass drum inside my crazy head to the rythm of my heart's pumping. My ears soon began ringing incesstantly and my mouth began throbbing. I dumped Ibuprofen into my stomach and passed out.

This heart rate will not be got up until next week. All bets are off.

So, I'll get myself phat. Phat on Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream (it's so good!).

Seriously though, things at work have picked up again and it's so fulfilling to go in for eight hours a day, do the job I was trained to do, and earn my paycheck instead of watching TV until I fall asleep. Super fulfilling.

Due to my lack of physical participation in my free time I have been reading anything I can get my eyes on. My new book is "Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Jihad". It's a really informative book that shines light on how Islamic extremists use their faith to drive their Jihad against people that they don't agree with (I'll put a Jihad on you!). So far (first 50 pages) it's extremely dry, because the author is explaining the Islamic background (Muhammed and whatnot), but if your interested in learning about the faith it's a good read, 'caues it's in dumb ass terms too...cuz.

I also read an article on CNN.com about a man in Florida who was attacked by an alligator. The man was found right armless, naked, and admitted to smoking crack cocaine prior to the incident.

Crack is whack!

Reading is so much fun!

I like to save the best for last. I'm talking about the band. Dan and I had another practice session and we are solid on the development of our first piece. We just don't have any vocals! No one has applied yet. We are at a loss. Spread the word to your friends. We need to complete our sound.

After all those crazy ramblings from a hydrocodone afflicted southern hater I'll leave you with this final quote of negativity.

"What is it about this place (Augusta)? I feel like I'm slowly dying. It's killing all of us."

- Zach T. Jaenisch

No comments: