Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rides: The First Taste

Self portrait.

Like a wild bull, the XXIX tried to buck me off of
its dirty red back before the eight second bell rang. I hung on for dear life, trying to break the beast, trying to tame it. My ride on the FATS Skinny Trail was one of missed turns and narrowly missed trees. I was not accustomed to the handling of the burly 29 inch tires and nearly paid for my inadequacy in teeth.

Before I rolled onto the Brown Wave, I slightly adjusted the air pressure in the over sized tires, took a drink of water, and said a "prayer". I expected more punishment, but finally, the beast was broken. Tamed. We had formed an unbreakable bond and, with confidence, blasted our way down the single track as the evening sun scattered its rays through the lush green forest.

29 inches of pure single speeding sweetness.

A BIG thank you to Andy, Drew, and Nate.

No comments: