Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Rides: The Return From WV

That's right. The letters W and V appear together in the title of this blog which can only mean one thing. I was in the glorious state of the country road, which ultimately takes me home.

I was in WV from the 19th of April to the 27th conducting a massive cycling throw down on the roads and trails of the Mountain State. A specific blog for this journey is currently being developed and should be posted shortly so, please, hold your questions.

The 27th was a Friday and by the graces of the big green Army, I was not required to report back to work until Tuesday. So, it was in my best interest to continue the massive cycling throw down in Augusta.

On Saturday I put in a 58 miler from Fort Gordon to the Strom Thurmond Lake and back to the Fort. I thought it would be superficial of me to ride without my jersey on so that I could catch some rays and attempt to darken my white boy flesh. Afterwards, it was the return of lobster boy. The bright red skin on my back has since blistered and peeled.

On Sunday I saw fit to be a lone ranger on the many trails within the FATS. The Monocog and I twisted and turned our way through Brown Wave, Skinny, and Great Wall trails, rolling back in to the parking lot at just under two hours.

Today, Tuesday, I lit things up on the road with the Andy Jordan's crew hammering out 22 miles of intense pace line work that left a slight taste of vomit in the back of my mouth. Spring training in WV was good and I felt strong.

In the musical realm, Dan and I have recorded our first two tracks and they are both pretty solid, but the quality of recording is very poor. We will shortly be re-recording and then we will consider posting our instrumental musics on Myspace.

Look out!

Otherwise, I am currently working a Mid shift from 2300 to 0700, so do not call me during the day, because I will be asleep and then I will hate you AND the annoying ring tone on my phone.

No comments: