Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Nonsense: Hoppy Holidays!

The Single Speed Outlaw invited me out for a fixed gear road ride on Friday night, but this was definitely not your typical fixed gear road ride. Why was it different? Well, here was the plan. First, I would meet the SSO and some other hardcore cyclists at the Catonsville park and ride. Next, we would ride our fixies into downtown Baltimore to a watering hold named Max's. There we would commence in much merriment somewhat influenced by various alcoholic beverages and rather good food. After Max's, our final event for the evening was at the 8 x 10 live music venue, where we would rock out with the Baltimore born band, The Almighty Senators.

In the beginning, I did everything I could to piss on the good spirits of the party. First, I showed up to the park and ride 20 minutest late. Second, I flatted approximately 120 seconds into the ride. Third, I reseated my tire bead incorrectly causing a massive bulge in my rear tire that nearly ended my entire ride. Somehow, I did make it to Baltimore with the fellas and was able to completely fix the fixie's unfixed tire at Light Street Bicycle Shop.

After that, everything went according to plan.

Bring a lock or walk home.
Photograph by Chuck Bolte.

AMS at 8x10.
Photograph by Chuck Bolte.

2 comments:

riderx said...

AMS rocked hard that night. Lucked out after I dropped you at your car in the morning, saw my buddy rolling down the road with a bike his roof rack, did the U-turn and got in a good Patapsco ride. Perfect hangover cure since I was feeling Friday night pretty heavy.

Drew Jordan said...

Double flat? Double dang!