Sunday, August 13, 2006

Rides: Tri Geeks

The sky was gray and rain drops peppered the windshield as Zach and I drove downtown to the Warehouse. The scattered rain let up before we left the shop to ride so we were able to enjoy the shade from the overcast sky without the rain. We stuck to the Silver Bluff route and I rode with my Tri geek buddy named Paul.

Paul has an Ironman Triathlon in three weeks in Canada so he wanted to take it easy today. We stuck to riding at about 24 mph all the way to the halfway point and then he decided he was going to ride even slower so I rode with a long haired dude on a Giant that had a pretty thick southern draw. It wasn't quite as good as riding with Nate or Matt or Bobby, but I was tired as hell anyway. I need some sleep.

I'll be missing the long road ride planned for Saturday, because I have a 24 hour duty...again.

No comments: