Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Rides: FATS

Today I had FATS penciled in on my schedule. Zach couldn't make the ride, because he had too many errands to attend to, so I would be riding alone. Just me and the Monocog.

Fortunately I ran into some older dudes in the parking lot whose names were Jimmy and Phil. The homeboys let me tag along while they rode Deep Step Trail. This was my first time on Deep Step Trail, because it has always been closed every other time I've been out to the FATS. Deep Step Trail was very similar to the other trails at FATS. Mostly flat, fast, and hard packed single track. There were quite a few more rollers on this trail though. The ride was only about eight miles, but my legs were screaming the whole time. The swim I did prior to the ride had taken quite a bit out of me and I was having trouble cresting some of the short steep climbs.

It was another good day to be on the bike. Hot as fuck of course. I'll have to give Zach hell for not coming out.

No comments: